As a User, my computer is slow, finding errors, and pages are freezing while using IE 8, 9, 10, or 11.
Clean your cache.
INTERNET EXPLORER 8 Instructions:
- Open your IE 8 browser and click on the Tools menu
a. ALTERNATE OPTION: you may press Ctrl-Shift-Delete to open the Delete Browsing History
2. Click on Internet Options
- Click on Delete under the Browsing history option
- Select Temporary Internet Files and Cookies
- Click Delete
Your temporary files (ie: your cache) should be cleared.
INTERNET EXPLORER 9, 10, & 11 INSTRUCTIONS:
- Open IE 9, 10, or 11 by clicking on the “e” logo on your desktop or task bar
- In the upper right-hand corner of your browser, click the gear icon (which is the tools button) a. QUICKER OPTION: you may press Ctrl-Shift-Delete to open the Delete Browsing History Window. Skip down to Step 5.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the Safety link
- Click on Delete Browsing History
- Place a checkmark in the boxes Temporary internet files and Cookies
- After selecting the boxes press the Delete button
- You should see a notice at the bottom of the page stating that the selected browsing history has been cleared.
- Close and reopen your browser.
NOTE: IE has a feature which retains some cookies even after you clear your cache if you do not UNCHECK the Preserve Favorites Website Data.
Following these steps should solve your issue. If it hasn’t, please call our Help Desk.
TIP: We are always working on ways to make our products work better for you, so remember to “follow” this article so when new solutions are posted, you’ll get an email alerting you!
Thank you for using Medidata’s Help Center!