As a User, my browser isn’t compatible with Medidata’s software. (Note: This is not limited to specific product/URL versions.)
Put your computer into Compatibility Mode using Internet Explorer. This will let your computer emulate an older version of the software or mimic another operating system. There are 2 easy methods below that you can use. Please read them first and then decide which works best for you.
METHOD 1: Click the Compatibility View button on the Address bar (which is valid for all IE browser versions)
- You will see the Compatibility View button on the Address bar. Click on this button.
2. When Compatibility View is turned on, the button changes from an outline to a solid color when you view the page.
METHOD 2: Set and use Compatibility View on the Menu bar
- Open the webpage in Internet Explorer, and then click Compatibility View on the Tools menu.
- NOTE: If you do not see the Tools menu, press ALT.
- NOTE: In Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu. Unless you have the menu bar enabled, this will be a gear icon.
2. In the Compatibility View Settings windows, type the address of the webpage, and then click Add.
- Upon reloading the web page, content should display properly
Q: Can I get a more detailed explanation of what Compatibility Mode is?
A: Compatibility mode is a software mechanism in which a software either emulates an older version of the software or mimics another operating system in order to allow obsolete or incompatible software or files to remain compatible with the computer's newer hardware or software. Enabling the browser’s compatibility view might resolve issues such as, but not limited to links, drop-down menus or buttons that are not working properly, missing website functionalities and web page freeze.
Q: What products & URL versions could need compatibility mode?
A: There isn’t a list as it will be a random button or link that won’t work.
Following these steps should solve your issue. If it hasn’t, please call our Help Desk.
TIP: We are always working on ways to make our products work better for you, so remember to “follow” this article so when new solutions are posted, you’ll get an email alerting you!
Thank you for using Medidata’s Help Center!