I want to add an additional security level to my iMedidata account and want to enable Two-Factor Authentication.
Note: Before starting this process, make sure your phone is close by to receive the 2-factor message (text or voice) that will be sent by iMedidata
- To enable Two-Factor authentication click on your name at the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile” from the drop-down.
- Open the Security Tab and hit the “Activate Two Factor” button under Two-Factor Authentication.
- At the prompt, verify that the phone number displayed is valid and select a delivery method, then hit “Send Code.”
Note: The phone number displayed is the one entered in the User Information panel of iMedidata. In case it needs to be changed, you can go to the Profile tab and update it in the Phone field.
- You will receive a verification code via the selected channel (text or voice message).
- Enter it in the “code field” and hit “verify”
- Tick the checkbox “I understand by enabling two-factor I will need my phone to log in to iMedidata” and click “Activate”
The next time you log in to iMedidata, the system will send a verification code to your phone number and you will be required to enter it in order to authenticate.
Q: What type of a phone number should I use?
A: To use the Text Message delivery method you have to use a Mobile Phone.
Q: What do I do if I am not receiving my verification code?
A: Please call the Helpdesk so we can send you a backup code.
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL ARTICLES:
- Chat Hours
- Medidata's Product Release Calendar + Glossary
- Quick Guide: Finding Product Information
- Opening a Ticket: Product Escalation Guidance
- How to Use Your iMedidata Account Number
- General Troubleshooting Articles
- Customer Success Center: Best Practices
- Medidata Academy: Training & Learning
NOTE: If you do not have iMedidata, you do not have full access to all our resources in Medidata’s Customer Success Center. See this article in our CSC on how to sign up!
Following these steps should solve your issue. If it has not, please call our Helpdesk.
TIP: We are always working on ways to make our products work better for you, so remember to “follow” this article so when new solutions are posted, you’ll get an email alerting you!
Thank you for using the Medidata Customer Success Center!