I am receiving a Network Failure error when I’m downloading Rave Data Stream Reports in CSV or TXT format with Google Chrome.
- The quickest solution is to use Mozilla Firefox. No other steps are needed in this browser.
- Use Google Chrome Version 51 or higher but take the following steps:
- Open a stream report, Select 'CSV' as the format and the 'InLine' option
- Then click "Download File", Copy the text that appears in the window and paste it into a text editor.
- Save the file as a CSV file (if this can't be done, save in another format and then rename the file extension to .csv)
- Open the report in Excel and edit as necessary.
Using Internet Explorer:
Use Internet Explorer with the 'InLine' report download option selected instead of 'Attachment':
- Create your report in Reporter as you normally would.
- When the Download File screen appears, change Export Type from Attachment to Inline.
- Click Download File.
- When "What do you want to do with Stream-QueryDetail.csv?" click on Save as.
- DO NOT use the Open option as that will open the file in IE as a comma delimited file. While the data is correct, we are looking to open the CSV file in Excel.
- Choose a location such as your Desktop or the Downloads folder to save the file. Make sure the file type is Microsoft Office Excel Comma Separated Values File (*.csv).
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL ARTICLES:
- Chat Hours
- Medidata's Product Release Calendar + Glossary
- Quick Guide: Finding Product Information
- Opening a Ticket: Product Escalation Guidance
- How to Use Your iMedidata Account Number
- General Troubleshooting Articles
- Customer Success Center: Best Practices
- Medidata Academy: Training & Learning
NOTE: If you do not have iMedidata, you do not have full access to all our resources in Medidata’s Customer Success Center. See this article in our CSC on how to sign up!
Following these steps should solve your issue. If it has not, please call our Helpdesk.
TIP: We are always working on ways to make our products work better for you, so remember to “follow” this article so when new solutions are posted, you’ll get an email alerting you!
Thank you for using the Medidata Customer Success Center!