1. Forms can be edited by dragging and dropping Fields from any of the three ‘Field Toolbox’ tab. To add and change the info for each field, after adding the field to the ‘Your Form’ section, click the pencil icon to the right of the field you want to edit.
2. Look at the following sections on how to edit each tab section’s fields after clicking the pencil icon. These are the generally used sections.
Description of how to edit Fields :
- Storage Field: This is where the value of the answer is stored, generally abbreviation and camel case is used:
ex) Date of Birth = dob, or First Name = firstName .
- Response Required: Checking this box will create a red star next to the current field, note that this does not make the user have to enter any information.
- Field Label: This is the name or label that will appear in the field section.
- Placeholder: This will create faded gray text inside the field box that will delete while filling out the form, it can be used to help reiterate what goes in the field box.
- Help Text: This will create text below the field box, which can be used to help describe what should be typed above
- Visibility Condition: This is used when in the form if a certain answer is selected, a series of extra field boxes will appear. For example, if a patient answers yes to a question, then you may want extra questions to appear then to narrow down that answer. So if this box is filled out, then that means the current field will only appear on the form if a previous field is answered in a certain way.
Example of the format:
This means if they answer, Yes to the previous question, then this field box would appear on the form as they are filling it out.
- Options: Appears in: ‘Checkbox Field’, the ‘Radio Field’, and the ‘Select Field’. Under ‘Value’ you may type what you want the variable to be named, and under ‘Text’ you may type whatever you want to display as a possible answer on the form. Click the ‘Add Option’ button right below to add additional possible answers, and click the blue X, over to the right whenever you want to remove a possible answer.
- Units: Appears in the ‘Number Field’. You can type in a unit you want to set for the answer of the field.
Labels & Sections (tab), uses:
- Header Field: Big and bold font, can be used to delineate different sections of your form
- Label Field: Smaller and not bolded, but can still be used to define different sections, or just as added text
- Data Label Field: Small and bold font with optional ‘Help Text’ and ‘Placeholder’ sections, this field can be used to help define different sections or insert information
- Section Field: Can be used to store questions after a visibility condition is met in another field
- Repeating Section Field: Similar to the ‘Section Field’, this field is often used in conjunction with the ‘Image Uploader’ and ‘File Uploader’ fields, to allow multiple images/files to be uploaded to the form. Any fields added into the 'Repeating Section Field' will be repeated as many times as needed by a plus button appearing underneath to the right of the section on the finished/preview form.
- Typeahead Field: Used to fill in other fields automatically once a keyword is typed. (click here for more information)
- Image Uploader(JPG/PNG/etc): used to attach an image to the form, and then selecting the file from your computer
- Image Viewer(JPG/PNG/etc): Displays the image attached to the form by the ‘Image Uploader’
- File Uploader: similar to the ‘Image Uploader’ it is used to attach files to the form by selecting them from your computer
- File Downloader: Downloads the file onto the form, that was uploaded by the ‘File Uploader’
- DICOM Tag View: Displays DICOM Tags in the document
- Value Watcher: Allows your form to react to changes in data fields. Data is changed as values are entered into the form or options are selected. (click here for more information)