Apple has implemented security zones for plugins. The zones block plugins from accessing local disk information which impacts launching PACS via the Java control.
Current workaround is:
- Open Safari 'Safari' menu -> Preference -> Security
- Click 'Managed Website Settings'
- Locate 'Java'
- Find the website to enable the control on
- Click the dropdown and selected 'Run in Unsafe Mode'
- Click the dropdown again and select 'Allow Always'
This is confirmed working on Safari 7 and OS X Mavericks.