- A new feature affects ONLY individuals who provide a username and password through an iMedidata single sign-on (SSO) integration for the purpose of utilizing that authentication to access Medidata Products.
How does this affect me?
- Individuals who provide a username and password through an iMedidata integration to authenticate and utilize that successful authentication to access Medidata Products are required to authorize Medidata to accept authentications from this SSO integration going forward.
- SSO users can now leverage authentications through multiple SSO integrations and iMedidata without restriction, so long as they confirm their identity and SSO integration in the authorization email. This authentication requirement enhances security for all Medidata clients.
What do I have to do?
- You are required to authorize Medidata to authenticate your SSO Integration on your first attempt to single sign-on into Medidata Product Solutions for each integration you have access through. See the graphic explaining the authorization process flow below.
Q: Does the link in the authorization email expire similar to the password reset link?
A: Yes. The authorization email expires after 24 hours.
Q: Do I automatically have to authorize the SSO Integration again if I reset my password?
A: No. You only need to provide authorization on the first attempt to single sign-on into Medidata Product Solutions from each integration you have access to.
Q: Is this a one-time authorization?
A: Yes. Authorization is required only once per SSO Integration.
Q: What if I want to use another SSO Integration to single sign-on into Medidata Product Solutions?
A: You will need to go through the authorization process again.
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL ARTICLES:
- Chat Hours
- Medidata's Product Release Calendar + Glossary
- Quick Guide: Finding Product Information
- Opening a Ticket: Product Escalation Guidance
- How to Use Your iMedidata Account Number
- General Troubleshooting Articles
- Customer Success Center: Best Practices
- Medidata Academy: Training & Learning
NOTE: If you do not have iMedidata, you do not have full access to all our resources in Medidata’s Customer Success Center. See this article in our CSC on how to sign up!
Following these steps should solve your issue. If it has not, please call our Helpdesk.
TIP: We are always working on ways to make our products work better for you, so remember to “follow” this article so when new solutions are posted, you’ll get an email alerting you!
Thank you for using the Medidata Customer Success Center!